School Meals at Thameside are provided by the Vale Academy catering service. The menu is available here
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 can receive school meals at no cost to you.
For children in Years 3 – 6 the cost of a meal is £2.50. Free school meals are offered to children whose parents receive:
- Income Support
- income based Employment & Support Allowance
- income based Jobseekers Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided your annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue does not exceed £16,190 and provided that Working Tax Credit is not included.
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals please contact the School office to check your eligibility.
Dinners can be booked in advance or on the day, please ensure that dinner money is paid in advance or on the day the dinner is taken.
Our preference is that dinner money is paid via the online Parent Pay system (please speak to the office if you need to activate your account), however we will accept cash (maximum of £25) at the school office, in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name and the amount.